Thursday, December 18, 2008

Best Bets: Week 16


Hey hey. 3-1 last week! And almost got the Lions score right. Here is three games this week.


Chicago Bears (-4 ½) vs. Green Bay Packers
-I do not understand why this line isn’t more than seven. Maybe it was because Green Bay won by 34 last time against Chicago? Maybe it is because it is a division game? Either way, the Green Bay defense has given up on the season and Chicago needs to win to position itself in the playoff race. If Matt Forte struggles with his health (he suffered a toe injury last week), then this game will be much more even. But, I think Chicago will be too much on their home field.
Prediction: Bears 30, Packers 17

Dallas Cowboys (-5) vs. Baltimore Ravens
-The Cowboys are rolling at the perfect time. Romo is back, Owens is happy again, and they are coming off a big win against the Giants. The Dallas defense has been the biggest surprise, as it hasn’t allowed more then 22 points in the last five weeks. Not all is well in Cowboy land though. Marion Barber has been awful (yes, I know, he’s banged up). And Roy E. Williams has looked lost as well. I think the Cowboys will be too much for the Ravens.
Prediction: Cowboys 37, Ravens 13

San Francisco 49ers (-5) at St. Louis Rams
-I will not watch this game. I am sure nobody will. But, if you like to gamble, then you’ll be interested. I just always go by the thought that if two bad teams are playing, always pick the team getting points. Yes, the Niners have looked a little better of late, but the Rams have been okay at home. They are also a different team when Steven Jackson is healthy, and he is making one of those late “Yes, I will be dominant next year” runs. I think this game will be a three-point game either way.
Prediction: Rams 20, 49ers 17.
*******Bonus Bet*******
Pittsburgh Steelers (-2) at Tennessee Titans
-This line is confusing. The Titans are at home, the top seed in the NFL, and are coming off a bad loss. Wouldn't all signs point to a Titans win? Looking further, I see otherwise. I've read reports that Tennessee is looking towards the playoffs, resting key players so that they are healthy. Plus, I have had this secret mancrush on the Steelers for the whole season. I love their defense, and I think at some point, the offense will start to click. Maybe it will start this weekend
Prediction: Steelers 24, Titans 13

4 comments:

Rob Celletti said...

37 against the Ravens? I think not, my friend, but we shall see.

My predicted score would be 24-13 Cowboys.

J.S. said...

Giants put 30 up against Baltimore. I feel like this is a similar scenario.

Crump Man said...

Gotta go with the Packers tonight. You said it yourself, why is that line so low? The Packers are bad and Rodgers can't handle the Monday night pressure.

Expect a big upset tonight in a game that Chicago needs.

Anonymous said...

Giants put 30 up against Baltimore.


Get More Information

Site Stats